MY CHICKEN ATE ANTS, HELP!!!!

So I have this ant nest about 50 feet from my chicken coop, I always make sure to stand out there by the ant hill to make sure none of the chickens eat them, I was told they are poisonous. Well unfortunately I needed to go to the bathroom, I was only gone for 53 minutes and I rushed back outside, that is when saw it--- One of my hens was standing above the ant hill and pecking at the ground, I rushed over to grab her but I am afraid it is to late, her face is already starting to look weird, I am sure she has eaten an ant....
in most cases chickens wont eat bugs they shouldn't eat, ants are just protean to them. if anything I would encourage the chickens to eat the ants its great pest control

i am wondering if your chicken is ok.
All funning asside, my mom used to tell me she had loss of birds to bees. They would swalow a bee and it would sting them on the way down. Later the swelling would stop there air flow.
Now she had chickens, ducks , geese, turkeys and guineas. Not sure which birds she was refering to.
some ants have pretty nasty stinging bites.
Update us if you dont mind.

i am wondering if your chicken is ok.
All funning asside, my mom used to tell me she had loss of birds to bees. They would swalow a bee and it would sting them on the way down. Later the swelling would stop there air flow.
Now she had chickens, ducks , geese, turkeys and guineas. Not sure which birds she was refering to.
some ants have pretty nasty stinging bites.
Update us if you dont mind.
50...honey he was playing a joke on people. Read from the beginning. He just wanted to SEE if we had a sense of humor :mad:
He even posted a pic of s crab... some ANT. Your care and concern is greatly appreciated by all of us. Your such a sweetheart :hugs

Now that we've solved the ant crisis, I have a good question for you all, are these pullets or moos? the black one is a bit skittish and the spotted one is quite self assured.
greta and the cow2 (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom