My chicken ate candy corn!

marshyfarm

Hatching
Nov 3, 2020
My kids thought it would be a good idea to eat their candy outside this year, and one of my chickens ate one piece of candy corn that had fallen. Will she be ok, or do I need to do something to help her? She seems fine, no choking or distress. I’m still worried though, :hitespecially because this flock hasn’t grown to adults yet. They're just starting to lay eggs.:(

My kids thought it would be a good idea to eat their candy outside this year, and one of my chickens ate one piece of candy corn that had fallen. Will she be ok, or do I need to do something to help her? She seems fine, no choking or distress. I’m still worried though, :hitespecially because this flock hasn’t grown to adults yet. They're just starting to lay eggs.:(
She will be fine. No worries.

She’s gonna be fine.
My younger brother dropped a Cheeto and one of my girls snarfed it right up.
He was wide-eyed for a while, then turned to me and said ‘Is she gonna die?’
I laughed, said no, and gave the poor bird some water. It was more salt than she usually got in 3 days, so she was thirsty.

I’d be on the look out for one of these in the nest box... I’m pretty sure feeding chickens candy corn is how Cadbury makes them

76F52A45-CD64-4504-9D88-24C80411E81B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom