My Chicken Chalet Coop! *UPDATED 10/14 w/ new pics 1st page* PIC HEAVY

Quote:
That depends on how you go about building it! We have collected a lot of pallet and box wood from a furniture company and a window company here in our area. We bought all of the plywood and 2x4's, nails, hardware, black paper, and the vinyl flooring. So far the materials have run us a little under $250! The shingles were donated by a friend who is a contractor and had them sitting around from past jobs. That saved us around $100 alone! We haven't built the permanent run yet, but I would say after that is done and the coop is painted we will have spent about $400 total. Not to bad for a 11' x 8' coop and large run!

GREAT coop!!!
cool.png

Not bad at all!!! Something similar at Home Depot would run about $1000.00 and not as nice. I'll be showing your pictures to the hubby tonight. We have to get going, our chicks are due in a few weeks.
Thanks for the response!

I added new pics at the beginning so that all of the pics could be in the right sequence!
smile.png

We are finally getting the run up and I have updated with new pictures on page one.
smile.png

This is really a beautiful set up. I'm building my coop this weekend with a wood floor. What did you cover your floor with? I'm thinking linoleum and have asked for some of on Freecycle with no luck yet. With windows I've salvaged (free Andersons that were never used), some wood from salvage and pallets, etc. I should be able to do my 10x12 building at about 3/4 or less cost of a prefab building. And that is not considering the extra cost of modifying the prefab to my coop needs.

Back
Top Bottom