My chicken has started attacking me?

I'd try letting her know its you.She may have forgotten,but chickens don't have short term memory.She may be broody.Broody hens have a mind of their own.My broody attacked my dogs even when they weren't near her nest.But, do you ever scare her on accident or accidently hurt her?This causes problems.

I'd try letting her know its you.She may have forgotten,but chickens don't have short term memory.She may be broody.Broody hens have a mind of their own.My broody attacked my dogs even when they weren't near her nest.But, do you ever scare her on accident or accidently hurt her?This causes problems.

I don't think I've ever accidentally scared or hurt her...Maybe the people who were watching them while I was gone accidentally scared or hurt her? They have 2 girls (aged 5 and 8) so maybe they did something unintentionally that's making her act like this now.

I don't think I've ever accidentally scared or hurt her...Maybe the people who were watching them while I was gone accidentally scared or hurt her? They have 2 girls (aged 5 and 8) so maybe they did something unintentionally that's making her act like this now.
Yes.Young kids seem chasing them is fun.Make sure the sitters aren't bitting your hens make sure noones scaring them.

Yes.Young kids seem chasing them is fun.Make sure the sitters aren't bitting your hens make sure noones scaring them.

Hmm.. I'll have to talk to them about it if and when they watch them again. Don't have any trips planned until Christmas. Do you think if it was something the kids did she'll stop on her own once she realizes I won't hurt her? Or can I do something to get her to stop?

Hmm.. I'll have to talk to them about it if and when they watch them again. Don't have any trips planned until Christmas. Do you think if it was something the kids did she'll stop on her own once she realizes I won't hurt her? Or can I do something to get her to stop?
Well after so long it may wear off,but when?LOL. Anyway I would try feeding her from hand and carefully picking her up and nature her a bit until she realizes your the nice guy who keeps her life in a cycle.

I have Rhode Island Red and I didn't know she was actually a he. Yours kinda does resemble mine but maybe a bit smaller. I didn't think my rooster because for the longest time he didn't crow but at about 19 or 20 weeks he started to crow. Watch for the bright tail feathers and if its a he, he should be close to crowing if he hasn't already.

It looks like a hen to me, I don't see any pointed feathers or sickle feathers. I have one hen that gets all crazy when she starts to lay, chases and pecks my kids, has drawn blood on me. After about two/three days of laying she calms down. But then she goes broody after only 3-4 weeks of laying, and then she is super feisty. I swear I think it is a hormonal issue, my other layers do not do this, even my other broody girl. Could be your hen is about to start laying, and is being protective of her nesting area. Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom