What? I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking.
I was curious, so I checked that thread, apparently one of your hens has some frostbite on her comb and it was mentioned with you saying that you knew about it. Then the comment here saying you haven't had any frostbite issues.
I'm not on either side, just clarifying that I believe that is what is being hinted at.

You said you had no issues with frostbite excluding your 10 week old chicks. The hens in the thread where you were asking if they were full Marans have frostbite which you said are your current flock. It is obvious that you have issues with frostbite. Or am I missing something? That is why I said I was confused.
My 10-week old chicks got frostbite in -50F temps.
My hens had frostbite from the previous year.
I am not sure why you are bringing this up. It is off topic and against forum rules to start or try to start arguments.
Let's focus on the OP's problems, not mine (let alone mine from previous years).

I was curious, so I checked that thread, apparently one of your hens has some frostbite on her comb and it was mentioned with you saying that you knew about it. Then the comment here saying you haven't had any frostbite issues.
I'm not on either side, just clarifying that I believe that is what is being hinted at.
I explained it above...

I will add those hens were given to me this spring, they had frostbite previous to my ownership of them.
But, this is off topic and disrespectful to the OP.

I wasn't starting an argument, I said I was confused. I just asked for clarification that's all. It has to do with the topic of frostbite which I tend to follow to find out more about - how to prevent and take care of.
I am still confused, but I will drop it.

I wasn't starting an argument, I said I was confused. I just asked for clarification that's all. It has to do with the topic of frostbite which I tend to follow to find out more about - how to prevent and take care of.
I am still confused, but I will drop it.
Confused how? I'd be happy to answer questions... with all due respect to the OP. I was just reminding you of the rules: that banter is not permitted on BYC :)

Yes she has missing feathers, they were matted from her sitting so long so she started picking at them. Her skin was originally red when we brought her in but now it seems to have gone down to a normal color.
Awe. I hope she recovers. Are you going to keep her inside for a bit?

Confused how? I'd be happy to answer questions... with all due respect to the OP. I was just reminding you of the rules: that banter is not permitted on BYC :)
Your posts often contradict each other. You claim to have no frostbite problems but yet you post about your birds getting frostbite and others dying. It leaves people confused about which is correct. Good thing you understand the rules.

Back
Top Bottom