My chicken is choking on something pls help

Did you read the sour crop thread that wyorp rock shared in her reply? Or worm her? Do you have anyone to help you restrain the hen so you're able to stretch her neck out a little bit, open her beak and get a good look using a light? As far as food, how long has it been since she ate? Hydration is the most important thing, so you'd want to make sure she's hydrated before considering tubing feed into her. Is she drinking at all? How long has she had crop problems? Is she blocked and the contents have become soured or is she suffering from sour crop? You've already received some wonderful advice. I'm hoping your hen will be more comfortable very soon

Did you read the sour crop thread that wyorp rock shared in her reply? Or worm her? Do you have anyone to help you restrain the hen so you're able to stretch her neck out a little bit, open her beak and get a good look using a light? As far as food, how long has it been since she ate? Hydration is the most important thing, so you'd want to make sure she's hydrated before considering tubing feed into her. Is she drinking at all? How long has she had crop problems? Is she blocked and the contents have become soured or is she suffering from sour crop? You've already received some wonderful advice. I'm hoping your hen will be more comfortable very soon
she is drinking fine and ether wants to lay an egg right now or likes the small dark laying box Haven't wormed her yet I can try looking down her neck again she might have had some grass to eat in the last hour when I let her out to stretch and she decided to go into the laying boxes she has had crop problems since July you were helping me with that tread and I thought her crop problem was totally resolved but then it either wasn't gone or it came back she does have sour crop and the crop keeps getting bigger and smaller it also feels squashy I have worming liquid not powder that says I have to withhold water before bed then put the worming liquid in the water for when they get up so it is not very fast-acting I have read the sour crop article that wyorp rock sent and will see if our local pet and produce store has the right medicine

she is drinking fine and ether wants to lay an egg right now or likes the small dark laying box Haven't wormed her yet I can try looking down her neck again she might have had some grass to eat in the last hour when I let her out to stretch and she decided to go into the laying boxes she has had crop problems since July you were helping me with that tread and I thought her crop problem was totally resolved but then it either wasn't gone or it came back she does have sour crop and the crop keeps getting bigger and smaller it also feels squashy I have worming liquid not powder that says I have to withhold water before bed then put the worming liquid in the water for when they get up so it is not very fast-acting I have read the sour crop article that wyorp rock sent and will see if our local pet and produce store has the right medicine
Sounds like a good plan. If her crop is changing in size, it sounds like she's getting some nutrients, but probably not nearly enough. Other than everything in the article regarding sour crop, you may want to read up about a crop bra but I'm not sure if she needs it or not. If she's had crop issues for a while, she may need it and it probably wouldn't hurt to try if nothing else is working. @azygous and @Wyorp Rock are incredibly knowledgeable with this stuff (amongst many other things) Their input is always phenomenal and accurate 💜

Back
Top Bottom