My chicken is feeling uncomfortable

kissi

Hatching
Jan 13, 2016
My chicken seem to be constipated, she have been feeling very uncomfortable for the last couple of days! Ever since she layed a shell less egg. She isnt moving she wont eat. I decided to check her bottom and she was swollen i pressed gently on her bottom and poop squirted out, i immediately gave her a bath and warmed her up. She slept in her cage all night and still this morning she seem to still be uncomfortable. She have an appointment in the morning, but i just want to make sure she stay comfortable until then. What can i do?

Take a rubber glove, lubricate it, and stick a finger into the vent about an inch to feel for a stuck egg or any material left from the broken egg. Sometimes eggs can get backed up inside, and she could be egg bound with a very large egg, or multiple eggs. Place her in a warm humid room, instead of bathing her again. Give her a chopped calcium tablet, Tums, or some ground egg shell in a bit of yogurt. How old is your hen? Has she had other egg problems before? Probiotics would be good to add to her water.

Thanks for tge info... I will follow thru with the instructions. She is around seven months, its my first chicken experience. She have been laying an egg almost everyday for the last month!

Back
Top Bottom