my chicken is having an identity crisis....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by evonne, Nov 23, 2009.

1. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    this afternoon i went to go out and work on the run i'm building for my pheasant... and i see the peacocks sitting under one of the lower palm trees.. they're the big ones that are pineapple looking.. and the branches touch the ground.... they like to hide in there...
    i have trimmed some of the branches back, but left some specifically because i know they peacocks like to hide there...

well today i'm going back there .. and the peacocks are there and off to one side of them.. not quite laying with them, but close enough.. was one of my EE pullets... lol... cracked me up....

just thought i'd share.. maybe someone esle will find it amusing...

2. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Going through a teenage phase, eh?

Funny story, thanks for sharing.

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    I have a muscovy drake that thinks he's a chicken. He roosts at night, ignores the duck hens and tries to breed with the chicken hens....Sometimes birds are a little strange.

4. chickenvirgin

chickenvirgin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Blaine Lake, SK
    I am soooo jealous....you have palm trees!! [​IMG]

5. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    How cute is that??!! Enjoy them and Happy thanksgiving!

6. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    lol.. yeah.. it was cute.... most of the chickens are afraid of the peacocks....

i'm wondering what will happen in hte spring when the boys start showing interest in their girls again... has anyone ever heard of a peacock chicken hybrid?? i know someone has a chicken / guinea? crossbreed.... or something unusual like that...

guess we'll see..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by