My chicken is paralyze

View attachment 2667746You want to avoid that big hole behind the tongue and go for the open channel on the right side of the throat leading to the crop. You'll know you're in the right hole if the chicken doesn't choke or cough. Wait a second before you squirt the fluids to be sure. If the chicken gags or coughs, you're near the airway and you need to back out and try again.
Thanks. When I feed them it usually takes a long time because I only dripped slowly so they can swallow. But this would be much faster!!

It looks pretty advanced whatever it is. If she can't walk, won't eat, then she is most likely in pain and since it doesn't look like it will get better by itself you'd have to take her to a vet or put her out of her misery. Sorry to be the one to put it bluntly but you need to consider your options and if she isn't eating there aren't many.
I put her face next to the water and she started drinking. So at least that’s good. If she doesn’t improve in a few days then I’ll have to think of other option. She’s one of my favorite though, my only Ayam 🥺

I can't personally tell tumor vs. wound, but if it is a wound, it doesn't look good. I would flush it with Saline, Clorhexadine, or warm soapy water. Then, apply a thick layer of Neosporin without pain relief. Just in case it is a wound.
Is there any head coming from the area? That black, "scab" in the middle, is it scab like or mass like?

It’s quite hard. It’s like a mass but also feel like it moveable so I think it’s a big scab. I’ll try cleaning it tomorrow. Thanks for suggestion.

Try and get fluids in her, that is vital to get anything to heal. Dip her beak, squirt water on top of her beak, and if she still doesn't drink, I like to use a bulb syringe, because I can stick it way back in their mouths to syringe feed water. I you do syringe water, @azygous is great at explaining the safest way to do so. I give food mash by spooning it into three beaks if I have to.
Thanks. She’s drinking on her own today. I’ll try to put some nutri drench or vitamin in the water too hopefully it’ll help.

When breeders vaccinate for Mareks disease, it may not be as good a vaccine as the hatcheries use. Plus, a chick must be strictly quarantined away from any possible exposure to Mareksfor a t least 2 weeks from any exposure to dander and dust from the chick feathers. That as you know can go everywhere. I would tend to think that she has Mareks disease or perhaps lymphoid leukosis. Those 2 viruses can cause tumors in and on the body, and are usually diagnosed with testing after death with a necropsy by your state vet. Mareks can cause the curled under toes as does riboflavin deficiency.

Last edited:
It’s quite hard. It’s like a mass but also feel like it moveable so I think it’s a big scab. I’ll try cleaning it tomorrow. Thanks for suggestion.

Thanks. She’s drinking on her own today. I’ll try to put some nutri drench or vitamin in the water too hopefully it’ll help.
Okay, with the other pictures, it does look like a scab. Do a hot compress as well, maybe you can loosen any cracked dirt/dried fluid/nastiness build up. I know, my description is very scientific and professional lol! :lau

The vitamins are great! Nice job with that! Make a mash of he feed as well, do your best to try and get her eating. If she doesn't eat right away thats alright, but make note of how long she goes without eating, because if you don't pay attention, that could be an issue. I learned this the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom