My chicken is suddenly scared of me

SugeyV28

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
Starting yesterday I noticed my chicken named poya would not come anywhere near me when that's usually not the case. She would also run away and start clucking whenever I got close to her. Even when I had her favorite treats in front of me she would not come near unless I left.
This is very odd behavior for her, she usually cannot leave me alone, always following me around. She's never run from me before so I don't know why this is happening now. Even this morning when I unlocked her cage she stayed inside until I got far enough for her to get out.

The only things I can think of are:
We got two chicks over a week ago now.
My sister brought her reactive dog over the other day but poya and the dog were seperated by her cage.
My brother used a weed Wacker to cut some long grass in our backyard a couple days ago.

Other than that I can't think of why she would be running from me

Oh that's so sad that would break my heart what were you wearing? Did you have big shoes on or something you've never worn around her before?

Now that I think about it yes she has, what are some other signs?
Signs that you have a broody hen:

Sitting on the nest almost all day and all night.
When you take her out of the nest she flattens into an angry pancake, right before making a beeline back to the nest.
When she is off the nest, she sounds like a ticking time bomb.
She'll puff up and hiss/growl at you when you get close.

Back
Top Bottom