my chicken just barely made it out alive from a possum attack, what do i do?

Ok so apparently im worse than i thought at trying to tell if the crop is empty or not. I cant tell if its the base of his neck attaching to the rest of his body or his crop. Can any of yall tell just by him standing? I would say thats his crop right? For him, he is standing pretty straight and tall.
View attachment 2484843
Does look like his crop from the photo. Hands on is always better.
The crop is on the right side of his breast.
Feel of it when it's lights out (should have food/water in the crop). Take out his food and water overnight so you can accurate check his crop in the morning. It should be empty after a night's sleep.

I just noticed this white streak on his face leading from above his injured eye to his ear area. Should this be concerning?
391F667D-9CE9-488C-BDF3-C56435A13D27.jpeg

Doesn't look great to me.
Have you been flushing his eye with saline?
Given any medication/antibiotics?
I havent been using the eye drops because they arent antibacterial, but i have been putting A&D on around the eye. Im not sure if A&D is ok for in the eye, but now that i think about it the skin from his eye lid could have absorbed the medication and it got in his eye. Im not sure what really caused it though. But Its the only medication like neosporin i could find in the house.

I havent been using the eye drops because they arent antibacterial, but i have been putting A&D on around the eye. Im not sure if A&D is ok for in the eye, but now that i think about it the skin from his eye lid could have absorbed the medication and it got in his eye. Im not sure what really caused it though. But Its the only medication like neosporin i could find in the house.
Can you get some plain neosporin or store brand triple antibiotic ointment?

His crop did empty, and I noticed the white thing isn’t just on one side, I will have to look closer at it later today when I have the time, but I will update the thread. But from what I saw now was it cam clear across the top of his head and to the other ear. It was kinda hard to see through his feathers but it looked All white on his head. Not sure what it is but I will look at it again later today!

Back
Top Bottom