My Chicken Math.....

doubleatraining

Songster
12 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Franklinton, NC
Today I drove to pick up my new quail. I now have 15 quail...YAY.

While I was there the man asked if I wanted to buy any chickens...I told him no I was good but if he wanted to rehome some roosters they would go in the bachelor pad until it was time for "freezer camp". He got a box and put 4 of the most beautiful bantam Serum(spelling) roosters in there. I left with my roosters and quail....thinking I need to send the roosters to freezer camp fast because they are SOOO beautiful its going to be hard to eat them.

On the way back I stopped quickly to look at some cheap pens I found on CL. We were talking about all of his chickens and he offered to trade me for the roosters. So I give him the 4 roosters he gives me 1 pure white cochin hen, 1 young barred rock pullet, 1 cute blue laced wyandotte pullet, and 1 pen.

So now I have the 3 new hens in one of the new pens for QT. I hope the cochin goes broody and the BLW will go in with my layers....not sure what to do with the barred rock.

Chicken Math worked out good for me today!

Congrats on the new chickens! And excellent math skills!
wink.png

ETA: Where are the pictures?
tongue.png

Last edited:
This is my bright white cochin hen....hopefully my new quail broody.
101284_img00328-20110906-1740.jpg

101284_img00326-20110906-1740_1.jpg

The BLW hen that I couldn't resist....she will be joining my laying hens for sure. I know she isn't high quality but I like her.
101284_img00327-20110906-1740.jpg

101284_img00331-20110906-1852.jpg

AAWWWWW. I have an old freind in Asheville. Not too sure how far that is from you, but he could/should have some chooks on the enormous ranch he has there. Good Luck
big_smile.png
but PM me if you need help.

Drunstick, thats my big regret of the day....not getting pictures of them. The guy isn't far from you....do you want his contact info? He has about 20 and wanted to sell me a bunch of them.

Back
Top Bottom