My Chicken processing and My plucker Come look :)

Thank-you. We did make one of these and it worked great.... however I do have a few questions. We did have some of the rubber straps break and fly off. That one hit me in the chest and it did hurt. Then I had to stand off to the side. I do feel that this is a learning experience and the more you do it the better you get.

Here are some of my questions. Did you pull the big wing feathers first?

Did you you a variable speed drill or a single speed? We just had a single speed drill and wondered if we had a varible on a slower speed if that would help. That said, we did 13 birds in 4 hours. I still do a little more cleanup on them after they get out of the refrid from resting before I freeze them.

We were very pleased with how much it helped. My problem areas on the bird were the wings, which I think will be helped if I pull the large feathers before I even start it on
the plucker and the lower cavity near the vent.

ETA... it was just 2 of doing these birds and that was with stopping to add new rubber one time. So if we could have plugged through with no breaks I would say 3 hours on these.

Last edited:
Nice
big_smile.png

We make and sell a plucker similar to the one shown, ours are $39.95, much better than 500.00 for a tub plucker. Check out this video (which is not my video)

WOO HOO The post office called last night At 7 pm and said they have some chicks for me , so I hoped in the car and drove 45 minutes to get them , I dont want my meat peepers sitting in the post office all weekend , and I got this it was too cold out tonight so I have them all set up in a closet under their lamp ,

Back
Top Bottom