My Chicken processing and My plucker Come look :)

paridisefarm2009

Songster
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Hudson Florida
Hello , I didn't Mean to hijack any ones thread so I will start a new one with my plucker That I made to do My birds I am also Glad some of those posts were removed , This is the meatbird section , What do you expect Flowers and Butterflys ? No HAHAh Any way
This Is my before and after pictures of my new plucker I had to make some changes due to it not working out well , I realized Bigger is not better , this is all you really need
a pvc cap and a screw Not too long and some chicken plucking fingers , I baught on ebay I didnt realize how Big they are , I wish there were smaller , photos
38960_dscf5337.jpg

38960_dscf5335.jpg

38960_dscf5336.jpg

38960_dscf5316.jpg

38960_dscf5334.jpg

Now I would were safty goggles next time because I was covered in feathers , But it was much better than plucking by hand and I did that too .

38960_dscf5225.jpg

Before
After
38960_dscf5312.jpg

I did a total of 23 birds
5 the first day
then 3
then 5 On july 4 in the rain
then Finished up the last 10 yesterday
It started out nice until it was time to gut then then our florida tourental Downpoor came and I was stuck out in it , it least it cut down on the flys
big_smile.png

38960_dscf5318.jpg

38960_dscf5331.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good job on the plucker you did and some excellent looking chickens! I hope to get one of those built before my next batch of chickeny goodness.
Karen

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING HOW TO MAKE THIS!!!!!

I think it is simple and easy for some of us less crafty peeps!!! i feel like i could use this without help from my hubby and i am getting braver as i type about getting meaties!!!

Those birds look great!

How much "hand picking" did you have to do to finish them up?

Just curious. I was going to build a whiz bang but if this workds well enough, maybe I'll just downsize.

Last edited:
They are absolutely gorgeous
thumbsup.gif
I'd love to see a video of how you work the plucker but I know that it's too late for yours but if anyone else does it please make a video for us
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom