My chicken sang the egg song!

To the people who are curious about the egg song: some hens will get very vocal when they lay. My marans are pretty quiet most of the time, but Beyonce the New Hampshire will let out about ten minutes of BUKKAbokbokbokBUKKABUKKAbokbokbokBUKKABUKKA and so forth. I tried to tell her that this is NOT how her namesake markets her accomplishments, but does she listen?

Last edited:
To the people who are curious about the egg song: some hens will get very vocal when they lay. My marans are pretty quiet most of the time, but Beyonce the New Hampshire will let out about ten minutes of BUKKAbokbokbokBUKKABUKKAbokbokbokBUKKABUKKA and so forth. I tried to tell her that this is NOT how her namesake markets her accomplishments, but does she listen?
Mine dont listen either and once one starts the others all join in!

What a wonderful compilation of information on first eggs!!!

My girls (2XBO & 2XBA) are but 13 weeks now. Hard to believe how BIG they have gotten in that time.

I love all of them to pieces.
big_smile.png

my girlz have really blossomed this last two weeks they are heavey and. their waddles and comebs are bright red. ive heard the egg song twice now from one of tbe JG however there are no squating when im close yet i did see one alow the rooster to mate with no contest. its the start of the 22week.. waiting is soooooooooo hard to do! :p:fl

my girlz have really blossomed this last two weeks they are heavey and. their waddles and comebs are bright red. ive heard the egg song twice now from one of tbe JG however there are no squating when im close yet i did see one alow the rooster to mate with no contest. its the start of the 22week.. waiting is soooooooooo hard to do!
tongue.png
:fl

Definitely looks like you will have some lovely eggs soon! :) The waiting is soooo hard. I am waiting on 4 girls right now!

My 5 Ameraucanas justed turned 22 weeks old! One of them has been laying an egg about every other day for the past 9 or 10 days.
Two of the other girls look like they should start any day now.

Back
Top Bottom