My chicken was attacked

Leahsandora11

Chirping
Dec 16, 2020
Indiana
Last night or early this morning my chicken coop was attacked. I assume it was the raccoons. I lost a chicken and another one got a wing ripped off. I don't know what to do about it. I would like to know what to get for it and some sort of paon killers maybe? The bones sticking out a inch maybe. She was eatting some snow and didnt seem to bothered she was running around with my other chickens to. I would never want to put her down, please help me.

Last night or early this morning my chicken coop was attacked. I assume it was the raccoons. I lost a chicken and another one got a wing ripped off. I don't know what to do about it. I would like to know what to get for it and some sort of paon killers maybe? The bones sticking out a inch maybe. She was eatting some snow and didnt seem to bothered she was running around with my other chickens to. I would never want to put her down, please help me.
Is vet care an option?

Unfortunately you can't give chickens painkillers.
That's just inaccurate. Aspirin and Metacam (prescription) are chicken-safe, assuming you aren't selling the meat or eggs (and maybe if you are, but I dont know the legal details). Aspirin only if no bleeding. Not sure if Metacam also thins blood or not.

OP, the purpose of pain is to tell your body to take it easy. Pain killers are definitely helpful in humans because we can understand not to use the limb that hurts anymore and to take it easy. Her being in pain *should* be telling her body to slow down, so some pain is useful.

As far as wound care, I dont personally know what to do for an exposed bone, but people have been able to heal crazy wounds so someone here may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom