My chicken was attacked

Leahsandora11

Chirping
Dec 16, 2020
Indiana
Last night or early this morning my chicken coop was attacked. I assume it was the raccoons. I lost a chicken and another one got a wing ripped off. I don't know what to do about it. I would like to know what to get for it and some sort of paon killers maybe? The bones sticking out a inch maybe. She was eating some snow and didnt seem to bothered she was running around with my other chickens to. I would never want to put her down, please help me. Im only 13 and bought everything for them myself ive had them about 4 months and id hate to loose her. I can bring her to the vet my parents think thats a waste. I have about 150$ from working to buy anything she needs right now. Thank you please help me.

If you feel like taking her the vet. I think you should. Chickens are chickens though. And don't cost much. They come and go and it is sad. But you learn from mistakes. I hope everything goes well. If at the very least... clean her wound with some peroxide. Put some type of neosporin on it.... try to keep her inside if possible. And away from other chickens also to avoid any injuries to her or others. Infection is going to be your biggest issue so go to a feed store and pick up an antibiotic for her. Dont over use peroxide or it will cause other issues.

If you feel like taking her the vet. I think you should. Chickens are chickens though. And don't cost much. They come and go and it is sad. But you learn from mistakes. I hope everything goes well. If at the very least... clean her wound with some peroxide. Put some type of neosporin on it.... try to keep her inside if possible. And away from other chickens also to avoid any injuries to her or others. Infection is going to be your biggest issue so go to a feed store and pick up an antibiotic for her. Dont over use peroxide or it will cause other issues.
Okay thank you

If bones are sticking out as you say you have a major issue. I do not mean to sound insensitive to you because trust me I understand how you feel. At this point quality of life needs to be considered and pain management. There is a massive chance of infection and right now she is in A LOT of pain she just may be in shock and not realizing it right this second.

You could try to get her into a vet but I have a feeling they're going to recommend putting her down. I am so sorry to say that because I am the person that tries to save every creature but I don't see her surviving without major vet intervention and that will be very expensive and still have a huge risk of infection or it just being too hard on her body.

If bones are sticking out as you say you have a major issue. I do not mean to sound insensitive to you because trust me I understand how you feel. At this point quality of life needs to be considered and pain management. There is a massive chance of infection and right now she is in A LOT of pain she just may be in shock and not realizing it right this second.

You could try to get her into a vet but I have a feeling they're going to recommend putting her down. I am so sorry to say that because I am the person that tries to save every creature but I don't see her surviving without major vet intervention and that will be very expensive and still have a huge risk of infection or it just being too hard on her body.
She's doing fine now, it's healed nicely I cleaned it like 2 times, and shes doing so good now, it's healed and she's even started laying eggs. She still trys to fly and jump its sad but shes learning other ways to do it.

Back
Top Bottom