My chicken won the show, I can't believe it!

Congratulations! You are certainly off to a great start with your Cochins. Keep in mind though that the top breeders never enter their best birds in the fair. I learned this the hard way when I won big at the county fair and then entered the same birds at the local poultry club meet the following weekend. They did not even place. I was just starting out and it was a humbling experience for me. That does not automatically mean your pullet could not hold her own in tougher competition, but do not be TOO disappointed if you go to a large poultry show and she does not do well. It takes years and years of hard work to get a champion in tough competition.

Last edited:
Awww, congrats on the win! What a cute girl!
love.gif
Like others said, county fairs are not the same type of competition as poultry shows, but it's still fun to win!

Sounds great about the OEGBs, too--one of my favorite breeds! I hope you get them and enjoy them.
thumbsup.gif

Gemma rules! What a beautiful rosette to hang on the wall too! So what it was a county fair, what a nice way to get your feet wet. Shows can be quite an addiction too! If you buy that flock please post photos.

Back
Top Bottom