My chickens are dying and i dont know why

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
I have had two die within months of each other and neither showed signs of sickness. The first lost significant weight but was eating up until the say she died but pooped a little green but brown mostly. My second was eating up until hours before she died and lost all her weight while pooping brown. They lost so much weight they started to be stumbley them would fall on their side but they only lost complete control right before they died. I haven't added any new chickens to my coop this year and they are always in their bin or with me. They haven't been around any strange birds and i only added me two turkeys and geese this year. My turkeys came from two people that have their own and all of them are healthy because i have seen theirs. I have one more older hen and two one year hens and two roosters but they all appear fine. The turkeys are healthy too. What is going on with my birds? Its probably not mareks right?

I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

The only way to really know the cause would be to have a necropsy through your state lab if you lose another one. https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Have you had any reproductive problems in your flock, hens laying eggs that are not normal, lash material, etc.?
Reproductive problems are often the cause of decline in laying hens, but unless you take a look yourself or get testing, it's really hard to know.

Back
Top Bottom