1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

My Chickens are Freaking Out!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hippichick, Dec 3, 2008.

1. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    They are so confused right now. My hubby poured concrete in another one of my coops. He also poured a walkway leading to the coop. They kinda got a late start, so the concrete is still wet. Well, those chickens are ready to go to bed, and they are not happy. Neither is Hubby, cause he is having to smooth out the concrete every time they walk all over it. It's gonna be a late night...[​IMG]

Paula:)

2. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I thought concrete wasn't good to have in a run? Poor babies, poor you for having to stay up all night.

3. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I'll put a deep layer of shavings over it. They've kinda settled for the night, so hopefully it won't be too bad. As long as we don't put lights on, we should be okay.
    This coop had a dirt floor, and stayed wet when it rained. We were having concrete poured in the horse barn today, so we decided to pour this coop too. Now I won't have to worry about it getting muddy when it rains. It will be so nice.[​IMG]

Paula

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by