mY chickens are gone!!!

Quote:
My dad put her out for bait and he is watching it till darkness falls and will shoot whatever gets at it

Even so, I would have everyone safely locked away for a while.
Sorry.

I am

RACOON...will snatch the head off of a chicken like that. Usually racoons come out after dark but lately some have been coming around alot earlier.

Sure hope your dad gets whatever did this tonight.

Were your chickens inside a pen or free ranging?

So sorry for your loss, such a pretty young chicken too.
hit.gif

so sorry-I have been subjected to day light raids by foxes.They carried off birds right in front of us. One somehow showed up at the coop two days later. We named that girl Lazarus.She was not as lucky a year later when a mother and kits were hunting. Keep those chickens safe until you can get rid of your killer.

Yes, I just lost my favorite Peahen to a preditor. I am heartbroken. I know if you let them free range sooner or later you will lost one, but it is still very traumatic.

I am so sorry about your bird. I'll bet it was a fox, since this happened during the day.

Catherine

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Being in broad daylight, I would have suspected a dog or just maybe a fox or a bird of prey?. If we have a dog run through here during the day, all the chooks will scatter for cover and sit tight for a looooong time. It has happened twice in a year now. When we go looking for them, they will come out when they hear our voices. Good luck catching the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom