mY chickens are gone!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by birdsofthefarm, Sep 28, 2009.

1. birdsofthefarm

birdsofthefarm Songster

Jul 28, 2009
    Grayson County, TX
    [​IMG] I checked on my chickens a about 2 p.m. and all 14 + roo were there, then at 3 p.m. they were ALL GONE!!! Not a trace, 5 have returned, and my mom scearched for 30 min after that and still couldn't find any . I NEED REASURANCE that a cyote or dog didn't get them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  2. Casey3043

Casey3043 Songster

Wow, that's scary! Hope they have just scattered due to some fright, but will soon return all in good health. I would freak out to go outside and find NO chickens around.
    Here's hoping everything is all right.

[​IMG]

3. IggiMom

IggiMom Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I hope they come back for you. When that happened to me once, it was a fox, and several did not come back, but most did.

Good luck.

Catherine

4. ericacohn

ericacohn Hatching

Sep 28, 2009
    Westchester, NY
    Any luck? So so sorry. I am sure that they are off somewhere just being chickens and will come running back as soon as it gets dark.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. birdsofthefarm

birdsofthefarm Songster

Jul 28, 2009
    Grayson County, TX
    All are back, we found them huddled, sadly, [​IMG] was found with no head [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jjthink

jjthink Crowing

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    That is sad. I am so sorry.
    Whatever did this will be back for more - lock them up tight till their area can be predator proofed.
    A drop or two of Rescue Remedy in their water for a few days may help with the stress from this trauma.
    JJ

7. JestersEye

JestersEye Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    I've lost a favorite hen and a new rooster just this past week, also, so I know how you feel. I'm so sorry for your poor baby! [​IMG]

8. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I'm so sorry

9. birdsofthefarm

birdsofthefarm Songster

Jul 28, 2009
    Grayson County, TX
    Quote:My dad put her out for bait and he is watching it till darkness falls and will shoot whatever gets at it

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Quote:My dad put her out for bait and he is watching it till darkness falls and will shoot whatever gets at it

Even so, I would have everyone safely locked away for a while.
    Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: