My chickens are panting?

I understand you are struggling getting them outside, but the sooner the better.
You realize if you give them dirt inside you will have a LOT of dust everywhere and I mean everywhere. Not good for you.

It would be best for them to dust bath outside.

I figured I would clean off a section of my balcony to let them dust bath, it's outside but covered from the rain. They just have to be supervised cause it's on the second floor and I don't want them jumping over the ledge.

I understand you are struggling getting them outside, but the sooner the better.

My brother's are suppose to be collecting buildings supplies for the coop since they work in construction and can often keep left over scraps and such. My goal for the day is to decide on my coop design and dimensions so we can hopefully get started on it fairly soon.

I figured I would clean off a section of my balcony to let them dust bath, it's outside but covered from the rain. They just have to be supervised cause it's on the second floor and I don't want them jumping over the ledge.
Oh! That would be much better LOL
Seriously, I've had week old chicks in the house and the amount of dust they can create from a pie pan of dirt is unreal! The balcony sounds good!

For single birds I use a dish pan. Usually it's just dirt from my yard, but you could probably get a bad of garden soil and use that. Look for something that is not treated nor has fertilizer in it of course. A bit of sand worked in would be good too.
Do you have a Home Depot or Lowe's? Look for a "medium mixing tub" these are usually found where the bags of concrete are kept. This would work great and the price is usually reasonable. I have several of these and use them for different projects, etc.

1612036147991.png

Oh! That would be much better LOL
Seriously, I've had week old chicks in the house and the amount of dust they can create from a pie pan of dirt is unreal! The balcony sounds good!

For single birds I use a dish pan. Usually it's just dirt from my yard, but you could probably get a bad of garden soil and use that. Look for something that is not treated nor has fertilizer in it of course. A bit of sand worked in would be good too.
Do you have a Home Depot or Lowe's? Look for a "medium mixing tub" these are usually found where the bags of concrete are kept. This would work great and the price is usually reasonable. I have several of these and use them for different projects, etc.

View attachment 2509233

I would imagine they can make an insane mess with dirt, I've see what they can do with wood chips just using their feet haha. Awesome I've got a Walmart, orschlens and Lowes all within a mile or so of each other so I guess we will just try and get all our shopping done in one go today. Thank you so much for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom