my chickens are still eating their eggs

If you think they need calcium, add a side dish of oyster shell.

I would put a bunch of wood eggs everywhere and try to get any newly laid eggs immediately. Theoretically, if the eggs get pecked and don’t get broke for a few days, they will stop pecking. Not sure if that is doable for you.
i just got some wooden eggs today and i put a couple in the nesting boxes were they lay hopefully it works otherwise i don’t think theres anything more i can do

my chickens have recently started eating their eggs. there seems to be no nutritional problems regarding their feed so i installed rolling nest boxes in order to stop them from accessing the egg so they stopped laying in the nesting boxes and started laying the eggs randomly around the coop and eating them. they’re really driving me crazy.
We ran into that problem with ours at one point. We started giving them more protein (boiled eggs, tuna, meat, nutritional yeast, etc) and also more calcium and it stopped. We also got more eggs from the older girls who weren't laying anymore.

No one's mentioned it yet, but if you are late refilling their water, they will also start eating the eggs. Once they get a taste, they will continue until you break the habit. When I have an egg eating chicken, I blow out several eggs (make two small pinholes and blow through one) and fill them with mustard. It helps to remove any other eggs throughout the day so the ones they try to eat are the mustard ones.

my chickens have recently started eating their eggs. there seems to be no nutritional problems regarding their feed so i installed rolling nest boxes in order to stop them from accessing the egg so they stopped laying in the nesting boxes and started laying the eggs randomly around the coop and eating them. they’re really driving me crazy.
Try introducing a new rooster or hen. Mix things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom