MY CHICKENS EYES ARE SWOLLEN AND ....

melissaowens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
andalusia alabama
I HAVE SOME CHICKENS THAT THEIR EYES ARE SWOLLEN, STRETCHING THEIR NECK, GASPING FOR AIR, AND MOPING AROUND, AND STOPPED EATING AND DRINKING AS MUCH.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I don't know, but thought I'd leave a response to keep you on the front page...
man, I hope they're ok!
hit.gif

I'm not an expert with this. But how old are the chickens? Have you chance anything: there food, wood chips tried a diffrent treat? Just some type of change in there diets. How's the weather where you live? Is it too hot?

there are a few different ages from 2 monthes on up to 1 year, some of mine has this problem, and a few of my cousin's has this problem. nothing has changed, the weather has been around the 70s and 80s sometimes 90s.

i had somthing similar go through my whole flock one at a time this winter. their eyes would be kind of guled shut and bubling, they couldn't see at all and would stop eating and drinking as a result and as you described they would gasp for air. it took a few days to for each bird to get over it. I lost 4 out of 30 to it. but most did get over it on their own. good luck with yours.

It's probably coryza or sinusitis. I use tylan and inject it in the meaty part of the breast. It normally takes 3 to 5 days to dry it up. Dosage depends on body weight. Like a silkie i would give 1 1/2 to 2 cc's every other day until symptoms are gone. Basicly this is a type of cold and a chicken can't blow it's nose. Any other questions pm me. I am glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom