MY CHICKENS EYES ARE SWOLLEN AND ....

melissaowens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
andalusia alabama
I HAVE SOME CHICKENS THAT THEIR EYES ARE SWOLLEN, STRETCHING THEIR NECK, GASPING FOR AIR, AND MOPING AROUND, AND STOPPED EATING AND DRINKING AS MUCH.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

WilczenskiFarm

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Pembroke, MA
I don't know, but thought I'd leave a response to keep you on the front page...
man, I hope they're ok!
hit.gif

big red chicken

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Greenville NC
I'm not an expert with this. But how old are the chickens? Have you chance anything: there food, wood chips tried a diffrent treat? Just some type of change in there diets. How's the weather where you live? Is it too hot?

melissaowens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
andalusia alabama
there are a few different ages from 2 monthes on up to 1 year, some of mine has this problem, and a few of my cousin's has this problem. nothing has changed, the weather has been around the 70s and 80s sometimes 90s.

flip9109

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
st paul mn
i had somthing similar go through my whole flock one at a time this winter. their eyes would be kind of guled shut and bubling, they couldn't see at all and would stop eating and drinking as a result and as you described they would gasp for air. it took a few days to for each bird to get over it. I lost 4 out of 30 to it. but most did get over it on their own. good luck with yours.

DANNY

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
It's probably coryza or sinusitis. I use tylan and inject it in the meaty part of the breast. It normally takes 3 to 5 days to dry it up. Dosage depends on body weight. Like a silkie i would give 1 1/2 to 2 cc's every other day until symptoms are gone. Basicly this is a type of cold and a chicken can't blow it's nose. Any other questions pm me. I am glad to help.

Top Bottom