My chickens got out.

JoJo 95

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
i have two hens, a bantam and a standard. The bantam is for my 2 year old sister. They got out of the run and they cant figure out how to get back in. I know they are okay but i wanna get them in before dark because we have hawks,bobcats,skunks,owls,possums,and coyotes in our area. One hen is under the house and the other is at the edge of the woods. every time i try to catch them they run back under the house and in the woods. how do i get them back in the run?
sad.png

either lure them with treats or wait until it gets dark and they should go back in on their own. Chasing them around is probably the worst thing you can do.

but they dont know how to get in and if i leave the gate open the others will get out and then my little sister will cry for days.

When it gets dark they will get scared and hunker down. You will be able to pick them up and put them back with no trouble. Good Luck

Yep! Mine do it all the time! We just have to wait until dark. I'd maybe put something near the coop for them to roost on, it'll make them easier to find. We've also lured them out with treats, then quickly blocked off the underneath access to the coop. Good Luck!
frow.gif
Also, if you have kids, get them involved! My seven yr old son is an awesome little chicken wrangler!

Last edited by a moderator:
I get one to pay attention and I have a red scoup. I use that to throw in some food and now everytime I pick up the red scoup they all come running to me. It takes about 20 seconds to get all of my girls and the rooster back in the pen.

Treats will do it everytime!

But after a while if you let them out to run around they will learn quickly where their pen is and if they know they get a daily run time they will go back on their own.

Back
Top Bottom