My chickens have 2 Unknown diseases.

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
So I’ve been having a problem with my chickens. There are two diseases in my flock.

Disease one, AKA: Shrug Disease
Symptoms:
Looks like they are shrugging
Comes on really quick and kills them
Feel really light
Cold feet
Crop isn’t full but they eat/drink

Meds:
Tried Nutridrench, didn’t work
Tried worming, didn’t work

Affects:
5/7 of my hatched at home Ayam Ketawas ranging from 4-7 weeks
A lavender orp i’ve had since she was a chick at 8 weeks

Disease 2: AKA Green Disease
Symptoms:
Bright green poop
Comes slow kills slowly
Droop down
Lethargic
Eats and Drinks.

Meds:
Tried Nutridrench: didn’t work

Affects:
1 7 month old Cochin Rooster
1 4 month old Cochin pullet
1 9 month old Ayam Ketawa Rooster
1 7 month old Silkie Pullet

I would like help identifying these.
Before I could ask: my dad ordered this:
03F47131-8F32-47D4-8AA4-41348155B672.jpeg

We suspect “Green” disease is Corccidia.

Can you take in some fresh droppings to your vet for a fecal float to confirm coccidiosis? I haven't heard of either of those diseases, but both sound like possible coccidiosis. Corid is usually a first medication, but sulfa antibiotics are very good as well. If you should lose another chicken, the best way to get a diagnosis is to send the body, keeping it cold, into your state vet for a necropsy. Here is a list of state poultry labs to contact for a necropsy:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Can you take in some fresh droppings to your vet for a fecal float to confirm coccidiosis? I haven't heard of either of those diseases, but both sound like possible coccidiosis. Corid is usually a first medication, but sulfa antibiotics are very good as well. If you should lose another chicken, the best way to get a diagnosis is to send the body, keeping it cold, into your state vet for a necropsy. Here is a list of state poultry labs to contact for a necropsy:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Sadly I cannot. I don’t know what my dad’s problem is, but he won’t let me send in a sample.

Back
Top Bottom