My chickens head is to the side and she’s shaking

You're doing a wonderful job taking care of your sweet bird and you probably already know this but just in case, make sure you're giving her any liquids ~slowly~ so she doesn't aspirate. Make sure she has time to swallow each drop before the next. I'm cheering for both of you 💜
Yes we are going slowly but thanks for telling me and I really hope she gets better she’s starting to do more but we are still thinking about culling :(

Other than the nutridrench, what other kinds of treatments are you doing? Have you given her some eggs for selenium? I'm not sure how long it takes for them to recover from wry neck, but I know that @azygous has a hen that she treated somewhat recently. Maybe she can give you a time-line so you'll know if your bird needs more time for the treatments to work or if she's just not recovering. I'll also tag two other knowledgeable ladies 💜
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive

Any sort of issue with the head being held in an improbably position or abnormal balance or walking backward all can be forms of wry neck. Vitamin E 400iu given directly into the beak will help. Given with egg, it's even more effective.

The length of time it takes for the chicken to recover varies according to the individual and the cause, which can be numerous. That's not really important. Just give a capsule or two per day until symptoms disappear.

Back
Top Bottom