My chickens just froze......????

dawnieworld

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
New Hampshire
Looked out at the ladies and all of them were frozen in one spot. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. I am a new chicken owner so I don't know all their funny little behaviors just yet. I'm assuming there was a predator nearby???? Has anyone else seen this before. They kind of looked like a deer caught in the head lights.

Dawn

There was a perceived threat nearby. Someone called the warning and everyone froze. Depending on the type of predator - and they do know the difference - they either freeze or haul butt.
Note: The perceived threat could have been you. Were you wearing something different? Different shoes perhaps? My rooster is not happy right now since I switched from my usual black coop boots to bright pink sandals.

No, I just happened to look out the window to see what they were up to and I noticed them frozed like that. It was so wierrrrrd! Everyday is something different with them. They just crack me up.
lol.png

Quote:
are turkey vulture a predator for full grown chickens I see vultures all the time my DH says that I don't have to worry should I be worrying thanks for the help.

Quote:
are turkey vulture a predator for full grown chickens I see vultures all the time my DH says that I don't have to worry should I be worrying thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if they would be considered a predator or not. We seem to have alot of them nearby and I just know my chickens freeze when they are overhead...

Back
Top Bottom