My Chickens Recycle...............

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Jun 20, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Recycle fly paper that is ! I buy the big sheets of fly paper on a roll from TSC and hang them here and there.....Well I started noticing all the flys that were stuck the previous day had disappeared and only a carpet of scrawny little leg's were left up to a line about 18 inches tall. I pulled off the old paper and rolled down a new sheet, scratching my head...... a while later I went out and all the flys were gone again but this time only up to about 12 inches..hummm. I went out later on to find my chickens eating all the flys off the fly sheets like a fly buffet. The different height that was left all depended on how tall the chicken was........ silly chickens. WARNING - Fly paper rolls can be used by chickens as capes, flapping in the wind as they run around the yard scaring the bejeaus out of all the other critters on your property..... it can also catch chicks that try to play stick to the wall games.......

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Ewww, I do not know if I should laugh or gag [​IMG]

Fly buffet [​IMG]

3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Quote:Oh the images in my head!!! [​IMG]

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I wish I had a pic.... I had a momma eating off the paper, with her chicks looking at her like....eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Aw. I use the strips that hang from the ceiling and would be grossed out if my chickens ate it, but the thoughts in my head of little chicks stuck like velcro is sad but cute [​IMG]

6. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i pictured the chicks, stuck to the paper, little legs swinging!

"help me, i jumped and i can't get off!"

8. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Ugh, I hate fly paper filled with flies. Had a one of the ribbon fly papers hanging from the ceiling, went to replace it, and got the paper stuck on my arm WITH the flies. EWWW.

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Mine eat them off the fly sticks too! The glue says that it's non-toxic, and it seems to be! LOL Just wish if the flies were THAT tasty that they could catch them out of the air [​IMG] Maybe they need glue to help the taste?

I don't use the flappy paper strips because I don't want to have to try to get it off of somebody's feathers. hehehehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by