My Chickens REFUSE To Coop Themselves At Night. PLEASE HELP ME>

Do they have a roost in the coop or do they just sleep on the floor? If no roost maybe the want to sleep on the window sill because they are up off the ground ?????
idunno.gif

Make them a fully enclosed run! Place a light in the coop so they can see to go in there. Make sure your roost are high enough. I noticed mine like the higher the better! If they try to stay in the run and not go into the coop, grab your water hose and chase them in! Shut the coop door. And let them back out in the run during the day. Don't let them free range until they go into the coop on their own! I have to many predators so I never free range mine! If you still want to free range try this for a week. Then open the run door and see if they go back to the coop at night. If not keep repeating!

Make them a fully enclosed run! Place a light in the coop so they can see to go in there. Make sure your roost are high enough. I noticed mine like the higher the better! If they try to stay in the run and not go into the coop, grab your water hose and chase them in! Shut the coop door. And let them back out in the run during the day. Don't let them free range until they go into the coop on their own! I have to many predators so I never free range mine! If you still want to free range try this for a week. Then open the run door and see if they go back to the coop at night. If not keep repeating!

Thanks, but ive spent too much money already on coops and birds ($2,000 so far) they had a run and they used to coop on their own. If I lock them in, they destroy the grass. They have to free range, my yard can't take confined chckens.

I built a pen for them too, didn't work.

We are chicken-sitting for a friend an the past two nights, they have cooped themselves. Hopefully this snafu is over and they'll continue to put themselves to bed.

And yes, there's a roosting bar in there for them.

Back
Top Bottom