My Chickens Saved My Life

Similar thing here.
I had an electrician come out to quote running electric to the coop and he found a crispy wire in the breaker box. If I did not have chickens my house very well could have burned to the ground.

woot.gif
for the chickens. Glad you are ok and the kiddo too.

We have a massive burn ban out here in Texas. Families with a lot of acres have piles of dead trees & shrubs piled together, just waiting for when they can burn.

Glad to hear your chickens were on top of it and you all came out of it alive, and the only damage was to the deck.

That is scary, glad you are all ok! I'm sure you've now learned not to leave fires burning unsupervised, I'm glad it wasn't a harder lesson to learn.

My great aunt and uncle lost their house and two cats a couple years ago, most likely from a charcoal grill that was left too close to the porch railing (wasn't enough left to be sure). Luckily they made it out safe, but were devastated.

My older brother burned down a wooden playhouse we had when he was twelve, by tossing stink/smoke bombs into it to see the smoke come out the windows, then walking away.
roll.png
It had just been painted a couple days prior with oil paint. We didn't know it and the trees around it were on fire until a neighbor ran over pounding on the door holding a fire extinguisher. That was 20 years ago and the trees still have scorch marks and said brother is now part of the fire department.

Back
Top Bottom