my chickens started eating their own eggs!

So they get no commercial chicken ration, with the needed vitamins/minerals/amino acids, at all?

Oh, and....Welcome to BYC! @drdrew
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 3365774
i buy my feed from a commercial seller in town he sells to everyone i know that has chickens but they arent facing this problem, my neighbor told me to cut the tip of their beaks but i don’t really wanna do that

With the info at hand, I think this is a nutritional problem. Laying soft eggs that break easily and thus not passing up something good.

Mine will eat the few soft, broken eggs, but have shown no sign of "egg eating". Anecdote, I know.
eggshells arent soft when i get the eggs they are just like any other normal egg

A pic of the nutrition tag will do just fine. Your general location will also help.
it doesn’t have any nutrition tag it comes in bags like these so theres nothing written on it

Attachments

• 6787A870-46CD-4124-AC96-34CE99556C1F.jpeg
    6787A870-46CD-4124-AC96-34CE99556C1F.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 8
it doesn’t have any nutrition tag it comes in bags like these so theres nothing written on it

also i’m located in lebanon
Certainly not to speak poorly of your country, but that is likely as good as it gets for your feed options. Do try to find out more about the feed. @U_Stormcrow is known for nutrition knowledge and would be helpful in finding ways to supplement, if needed.

For now, look for roll away nest boxes.

also i’m located in lebanon
Ah, so no way of knowing what nutrition they are getting and how to improve it if needed.
Just cutting out all the food scraps may help, as that is reducing the nutrition in the bagged feed.
To stop the egg eating will probably take more proactive actions.
Like fake eggs and gathering eggs before they can be eaten by the birds,
or ultimately using roll away nests.

Back
Top Bottom