My chickens work the night shift!

Quote:
LOL - your future chickens, if they are normal chickens and not weird like mine, will want to go to bed at sundown. Mine have been putting themselves in their pen/coop at sundown since they were just a few weeks old. Only instead of going straight to bed (roost) they lay their eggs and then have a...i dunno...egg laying celebration party?

All my chickens head inside a little before sundown. We have a light on in the brooder which is inside the coop. It isn't very bright, about the same as a good nightlight. They all awake at 4AM and will be lined up at the door to go out by 4:30 AM. I just installed an outside light in their run which comes on at 4:30 AM and they seem to really enjoy this. They lay between noon and 4PM. I'm a morning person, up at 3AM every morning no matter how hard I try to sleep in or how late I stay up. So I guess they've adapted my schedule.

Quote:
Nope.
smile.png

Quote:
What deb says is true, cuz if you got up at 3 AM around here, when we are just going to bed, you'd be shot. Or at the very least lonely, since even the dog goes to bed when we do.
smile.png

I think the chickens are fine...they are on your schedule.

Mine do not go outside until temp reaches 60 degrees and because it still gets dark later, they come in about 7:00 - 8:00 pm. They are happy and fine with it. When the time changes, so will their schedule.

Quote:
But Cetawin, the truth is I want them to be weird. How else are they gonna fit in around here where everything is weird? Charlie dog is the only "normal" creature here and she barely tolerates the rest of us.
lol.png

Quote:
What deb says is true, cuz if you got up at 3 AM around here, when we are just going to bed, you'd be shot. Or at the very least lonely, since even the dog goes to bed when we do.
smile.png

Alpha Roo is my fiance. I live with that strange sleeping pattern.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom