My chickies first night out.

jsanders

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Calera aka Minooki
You never think you have done a good enough job keeping your girls safe. They are in the coop all alone...poor girls. I may put up heat seeking missles and radar...hire mercenaries to watch over them. We'll know tomorrow....hah! I'll go out in an hour and check them.

I just put out my four chicks, and wanted heat seeking missiles or at least Chuck Noris to guard them.
wink.png

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore with all my chick worries. LOL

We all know that feeling. I can remember going out to check on them more than once their first night out!
I have two little ones added to the flock that have been out there now for about 3 weeks and I still sometimes go check on them (they still try to sleep anywhere but the coop)

LOL, your post is SO timely! I just moved my 13 turkey poults from their indoor brooder to their new outdoor coop. It's very sturdy, has welded wire screwed into the framework to cover the vents, doors, etc., BUT... a few minutes ago I thought about going out to take a look at them. I'm so used to being able to peek in on them in their brooder without having to trek up to their new coop.

Their first night outside is probably going to be harder on me than it is on them! I need something like a foal-cam so I can see how they're doing. C'mon morning....

When I got my first batch of chicks I was going out to check them constantly. I should have set up a cot by their brooder.

Back
Top Bottom