My chicks are dieing!

MontanaGal

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Montana
Did anyone else buy Cornish Cross chicks (or any meat chicks) to raise to butcher?? I bought 25 of them, and they are dieing off at about 1-2 per day now. I contacted the company I bought them from and explained the situation and here is their answer: We purchase our Cornish Rock eggs from a company who specializes in meat bird crosses. We do not do any of our crosses here. We would assume they are being fed GMO products.

WOW - THAT EXPLAINS THE DEATHS OF THESE POOR LITTLE CHICKS - THEY ARE from GMO-fed Parents - and another thing is that they have not grown at all - they are STUNTED. I should take a picture of them before they are all gone (due to death)! BE AWARE backyard chicken producers - one more example how Monsanto has ruined our food chain supply.

Today, May 27, 2013, my chics are 1 month old, and they are the size of 1 week old chicks. Anyone want pictures? I still have about 8 left that haven't died yet. The chicks SHOULD BE at least 4-5 inches tall by now!

I have raised the Cornish Rock's for about 4 years now and butchered them for meat. My protocol has NOT changed - I follow the same method every year, because IT WORKS! BUT it isn't working this year, and there can only be one reason, as stated above!

I am VERY upset about this.

I'd like pictures.
There could be another reason like an undetected disease in the breeders.
Many of the GMO plants we don't yet have in the US have been tested in 2nd and 3rd world countries and lots of farmers feeding them to livestock report reproductive problems in as little as 2 or 3 generations.

When feeding my bees I only use C&H sugar since any sugar that doesn't specifically state that it is pure cane is made from sugar beets and all of those in the US are GMO.

Last edited:
Hi,
Here a couple pictures of the 4 week-old Cornish Cross chicks as of today, May 27, 2013. I find it weird that they never really grew nor grew their feathers in.

They still have their baby fluff?! I would definitely submit a complaint or find out where they originally came from. The chicks are quite handsome but they should have already lost a majority of their fluff by now. Poor things.

They still look like chicks and even though their stance is wide their legs are thin. I'd be interested in the outcome of your complaint.

Does anyone know of an organic hatcery where I could buy organic chicks? I don't want to EVER go through this again!

Thanks.

And, what kind of bird do you suggest for a meat bird?

Back
Top Bottom