My chicks are having recess & I need to be banned from TSC

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by addicted2chicks, Apr 16, 2009.

1. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    It is so warm outside today, DH and I build a round fence and have all the older standards outside basking in the sun. They are loving it. They were a little hesitant at first, pretty much froze while they looked around then they decided it was pretty cool.
    Also went to TSC today, uh oh. We had our son with us because he had a headache this morning and stayed home. He is 8. So him and I went to the chicks and they had hundreds of bantams in. Well I noticed a silkie. Couldn't resist, I asked for a chickie box and pulled out as many black silkies I could find, left one because he was fiesty so I figured him to be a rooster for sure. I didn't notice any other color silkies but the blacks so I had 8. But then I noticed this cute little chick and couldn't leave it behind so I grabbed it too. So we got in the car and I looked at the mystery chick and was trying to figure out what it could be. Well I think it may be a blue silkie. If so I will be so happy but then if so I wish I would of grabbed a couple more of those and left a couple black ones behind. She is yellow with some black in her that makes her coloring looked faded gray. I will post pics later. Just so excited, but I HAVE to stop with the chicks. I have way too many the way it is.
    I am curious what does a silkie rooster look like as an adult? I am not sure that I have ever seen one. Do they have a crown and waddles?

Forgot to say the reason I mentioned I had my son with us. DH was off getting his stuff and I told DS that I wanted a silkie but I had to buy 6, darn, hehe. So I started putting the chicks in the box and DS says mom that is more than 6. I started to close the box and said don't worry, dad will never know. But then duh, I had to tell the lady at the register how many I got. Oh well, DH doesn't care. He just laughs at me. lol

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Our TSC never has any silkies dangit!!!!! Lucky!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by