3 New Hampshire Reds
5 Barred Rock
2 Partridge Rock
5 Delaware
3 Araucanas
2 Turkens
2 Red Star
3 Black Australorps

Going to the post office now to pick them up so I'll have a final count when I get back. I'll have to use my web cam to take pictures. Excited doesn't even begin to cover it.
yippiechickie.gif
:
D.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

Whew!
th.gif
I'm starving so excuse me while I eat and type at the same time.
droolin.gif

All 25 babies arrived alive-six of them looked a bit weak so I skipped the photo for getting them into the brooder quick! I have to thank whom ever post I read were they warmed the brooder up before putting the babies in there. It is nice to know they weren't climbing onto cold shavings.
bow.gif

I enclosed them further into the brooder so that it got warm. We are still having nighttime tempertures in the high 30's to low 40's. Covered up it will be warm without being stuffy do to the draft space they are in.

Two of them might not make it and if they do they will be the smallest (one Barred and one Red Star) the rest are loud, active and chasing light, my finger, each other. One Partridge Rock already has a name; Stripey has some beautiful markings across her back, is very loud and successfully perched on the waterer. Keeper! The Turkens are sooooo cute! They fought me the hardest about taking water-brats. Gosh, I wish I could keep them all but I don't need that many chickens or eggs. Right now I can coo and laugh at the cute factor.
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I forgot to add: My studio on parental unit's property is smack next to the spare room where the chicks are living. I can hear them through the vent.

I guess I will be checking them ever hour so I'll satisfy myself that they are ok. One had a little poop stuck to her butt so I helped her with that. They found my shoe and sock interesting enough to peck before heading back to the feed.
lol.png

Ah.....
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Congrats....mine arrived today as well. Cant' wait to get home to see them....hubby picked them up from post office and set them up in the brooder!! I cant wait to see them!!

Lost one last night but that was to be expected. Unfortunately it was one of the Red Star so darn.

Had about six pasties butts...well more like dirty butts most likely cause is too much molasses in the water which I did change. Despite the fact that it was pretty chilly even in that spare room, they were quietly peeping even under the light which I did lower.

For extra warmth I covered the top. Of course by the time I did all this they were wandering around with only a few snoozing under the lamp. The Turkens are soooo cute!
love.gif
love.gif

Tomorrow I go back to work that is going to be sooooo hard!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom