MY CHICKS ARE HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Poultrybonkers, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I waited a whole month for this.......
    [​IMG]
    Got these from mcmurray hatchery......they shipped them on a saturday!!!!! Took 5 days to recieve mail people put the box on a **** pickup in 20 degree weather!!!!! Will never order from this company again. What hatchery ships on a saturday. This company went to crap in 3 years seems there only out for money these days which im calling in the morning for my refund!

2. Clearly

Clearly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    Seattle Suburb
    I am so, so sorry. How devastating. Good luck in the next one. I know you must be hurting. :(

3. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    oh wow, how awful. they most likely starved to death if it took five days to get them.

Sad they don't think any more of their product or reputation. I've seen several complaints of chicks DOA from the hatcheries, some could be the weather of course, I'm of the mind it's more on the post office.

Let us know how their customer service handles this please

4. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    They are giving me my whole refund....

1 person likes this.
  5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    You might want to add a note to your title, something like *graphic pictures. There are lots of folks who aren't going to want to see that, and its certainly not what I expected when I clicked on your post.

Anyway. I've never had a problem with McMurray, and I've received chicks that have been shipped out on a Saturday. Something you have to consider, besides the weather where the hatchery is and where you are, is the weather everywhere in between the two locations. I'm not sure where you're located, but lots of places are experience some pretty awful weather right now. And, this is why its not a great idea to order chicks this time of year. That being said, I received some chicks from Ideal in Jan, but lucked out because they were shipped and received during an unusual warm snap (and I still lost a couple to shipping).

I'm sorry you lost them and had to see that, but in my experience, MM has great customer service. I'm sure they'll do whatever they have to to make this right :hugs

6. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    How sad :(

7. song of joy

song of joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'm so sorry for your loss. This is not the first post regarding dead chicks from McMurray Hatchery. Other posters have noted long shipping time and dead chicks due to the hatchery's use of priority (3 day) rather than express (overnight) delivery, along with Friday/Saturday shipping. I don't understand how they can ship live animals this way, knowing many will die in transit.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. kmartinez

kmartinez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2015
    awww how sad, so sorry that happened. From reviews online mcmurrary has horrid reviews and so many DOA within a 2 year span that i would not give them the time of day..I wish you well on your next order with a hatchery. That is just horrible that, that company is slacking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by