My chicks were due yesterday

Oh, I may have really messed things up. I've opened the incubator to check for...zips.
roll.png
I haven't heard anything or seen anything. Wouldn't there be a foul smell if they weren't going to hatch? I will wait. I'm not going to give up today, but realistically, when should I give up?

Alright, it is 3:30p and still no movement. Today at 8:30 is the end of day 22. Some of you have said that they didn't hatch until day 23.
This is really a nail biter!
tongue.png
Do you think that since I have opened the incubator it's over?! How are you supposed to hear them pip? I'm gonna try to just not think about them. I've been out in the yard and staking out my garden. Trying to keep myself occupied.

Don't open the bator you let out too much humidity. Is your incubator still air or does it have a fan? What is your temp & humidity at? My first hatch was 100%. After that one things went a little down hill. I had 2 hatches with a total of 30 eggs only give me 2 chicks. My next one I tried some of my own and got 14 out of 23. I'm getting a little better at shipped eggs now to. Last batch out of 6 duccles eggs i got 2 and out of 6 BCM I got 4. Which is the best I've had with BCM's. But I did have broodies on them until day 18 when more then one hen wanted to hatch the eggs thats why only 2 duccles, one got crushed an the others never developed. So just wait. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom