My chicks

welcome-byc.gif

Sweet babies!
Thank you

Welcome to BYC, dee06! It's nice to see you on your own started thread. :eek:) If you post these on your own started thread on What Breed or Gender Is This? at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this, you'll probably get lots of replies this time. Good luck.
Hi Michael, I started a thread on breed or gender, have had some views but nobody seems willing to comment so I don't know if I have done something wrong, would you be willing to check for me please, my thread is need help with my chickies please, thanks

Hi Michael, I started a thread on breed or gender, have had some views but nobody seems willing to comment so I don't know if I have done something wrong, would you be willing to check for me please, my thread is need help with my chickies please, thanks

I'll go over and look for you.

I'll go over and look for you.
You posting is fine. I think the problem that the members are having was summarized by luvmypets' post, who said, "They are still very small. I would post again in 3 weeks or so." This is the same problem that I had when I looked at your birds. I did not feel like I could sex them with any confidence in being accurate. Bantams are notoriously difficult to sex when they are young. It's why most hatcheries don't offer bantams as pullets, only straight run. Even the professionals who sex them for a living have difficulty sexing bantams. You can message donrae, who is probably as good at sexing chickens of all breeds and ages as any BYC member. If donrae can't tell you their gender, I don't know if anyone can. Good luck.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

I have some chicks that look something like yours
jumpy.gif

They are one week old Black copper Marans and the French version have feathers on their shanks
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom