My child assisted with hatching of our first duckling

jlmccann

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
IMG_20200605_222514_01.jpg
IMG_20200606_151832882.jpg

I did not know that she had done this we hatched them last summer as well, she said there was no bleeding but the yolk is not absorbed, I'm worried. I don't feel like he's moved a lot I saw his beak quivering at times. I don't remember how much they sleep when they first hatch. Just wondering what else I could be doing if anything for him. Thanks.

View attachment 2180077View attachment 2180078
I did not know that she had done this we hatched them last summer as well, she said there was no bleeding but the yolk is not absorbed, I'm worried. I don't feel like he's moved a lot I saw his beak quivering at times. I don't remember how much they sleep when they first hatch. Just wondering what else I could be doing if anything for him. Thanks.
Your kid opened the incubator? Did he/she have permission? That's not good. Is it yolk or duckling wastes? Can you get a good pic of the stuff?

at this point there is nothing that can be done. it looks like the assist may have helped (due to no blood) likely the chick was mispositioned and started drowning in the egg. it just depends how long it was trapped there. keep it warm and hope for the best.
also, that doesn't look like yolk. just waste.

at this point there is nothing that can be done. it looks like the assist may have helped (due to no blood) likely the chick was mispositioned and started drowning in the egg. it just depends how long it was trapped there. keep it warm and hope for the best.
also, that doesn't look like yolk. just waste.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom