My chooks on the mend!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by moody-chicken, Mar 16, 2013.

1. moody-chicken

moody-chicken Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2013
    Hiya, my new chooks came with a terrible respitory infection that has finally started to subside, they are out in the fresh air eating and running around. It's so nice to see them get their energy back after being hunched over and deathly for over a week. There's still some odd sneezing from the larger two but they are nearly all better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Glad they are on the mend. Too bad you can't isolate the sick ones away from the healthy ones.

3. moody-chicken

Feb 2, 2013
    The two small pekins Pip and Pop are the bosses, the black one Pop is top boss, then Pip. After than the larger Sussex called Pepper and lastly Salt who was the chook who gave them all the illness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. moody-chicken

Feb 2, 2013

They've all been ill so they're all getting well together. The white ones are taking longer because they are last to get the best food being last in the pecking order but also I suspect they are the ones who came with the infection in the first place. The white ones still sneeze now and then so I think they are just taking longer up get better. Fingers crossed in another few days the infection will be gone.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Glad to hear that. They are some happy birds! thanks for sharing.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I can tell you love them!

7. pretty girls! glad you could make them all better. Now you can spoil them rotten.

8. moody-chicken

Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks guys. They are all better now and the new two pekins come next week to complete the flock. It's an exciting time ... We may even get some eggs in summer? Fingers crossed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by