My colorful flock

Quote:
LOL, he's something alright. The girls aren't sure what to make of him yet. He is the one I had to help out of the shell and he hatched in my hand. He hasn't ever been as friendly as the other two I hatched but he's so pretty to look at I don't mind. My other roo is a little too friendly at times if you know what I mean.
Here are my 4 month old Blue Swedish ducks after I changed their water this morning. They just go crazy in it. Then I have to put a few more inches of water back in because they've splashed so much out.
Ducksswimming.jpg

My silkie rooster tries to act like a tough guy, but i ignore him and he never does anything about it. He does have spurs growing in so he might get the last laugh
hmm.png
The ducks look soooo happy.

The ducks look great! My blue swedish is about 5 months now, but if you do have a male his tail should be starting to curl now, now were are those khaki babies
tongue2.gif

KCDucksJuly9.jpg

Here are the babies, 5 minutes ago. They are peeping right behind me.
The blue swedish drake has curly feathers on his tail now. No question. And the female is laying flat in the water trying to encourage him to act like a drake already. He's not quite ready. She's just a bit precosious I guess.

Quote:
Wow, they look so different since I last saw them. I guess since I'm with my ducks so much I don't notice the little changes. My blue swedish is trying to mate with my cayuga, she wants nothing to do with him...yet, but hopefully I'll be hatching my own duck eggs soon. I'm still not sure what my 2 yr. old pekin is though, I think PC may want him
wink.png

Quote:
Wow, they look so different since I last saw them. I guess since I'm with my ducks so much I don't notice the little changes. My blue swedish is trying to mate with my cayuga, she wants nothing to do with him...yet, but hopefully I'll be hatching my own duck eggs soon. I'm still not sure what my 2 yr. old pekin is though, I think PC may want him
wink.png

I'd like to hatch some eggs from these next spring. I think we'll set things up so the two breeds can have separate shelters and pens.

Back
Top Bottom