My converted cattle feeder coop......

Okay, now this was the argument against having many chickens back when I was a kid on the farm - chickens get in the cattle feed! Ummmm, you probably don't have cattle there in your backyard, Orchidchick.

Super idea! Nice sturdy structure . . . did you need to take out the hay racks or did it come that way from the feed store? You must know that self feeders are usually quite large structures. I didn't know they came in a "backyard" size.

You should consider lace curtains for the hens. Cattle are completely unappreciative of those kind of furnishings so I'm certain curtains aren't an option from feed store
wink.png

Steve

Thanks again,
Suenrob,,
I'm about 20 minutes north of west palm Beach aka Palm Beach Red Neck!

DigitS',
No, it came without the usual metal hay feeder...it was just open, maybe to handle other livestock. I don't know if that is something that is
a south florida thing, cause I have always seen them with some kind hay rack of some sort, but apparently, that's how they sell them down here.

I Live in an area of small acreage homesites or farms, depending on who you are talking to. Maybe that's why they have a smaller scale feeder.

I'd like to talk to talk to you more about the curtains though, cause i am a little inept ...it sounds like you know a lot about lace.............teasing!!!!

I still want a big coop!!!
Kitty

Orchid ~

Cleverly done!
The coop is very tropical with the wood and lattice siding. And I notice the hardware cloth over the lattice to keep your chickens safe from predators. You've done a terrific job. Really creative. Thanks for the pics.

Carla

Back
Top Bottom