My coop finally covered and chickens are MAD MAD

thanks for the advice, I will remember that one. I have four grown hens who now go back to their nesting boxes in the coop but these 16/20 chooks aren't old enough to lay yet. When the time comes I will be sure to keep them in until I learn their routine.

Yes my girls are pacing the door every time they see or here me. They think its punishmet to have to stay in the coop/run all day. I only let them out in the evening cause of the Red tailed hawks. I have lost 2. Mine also love ripe banana. You know when its too mushy to eat. The first time I gave them banana they walked around it making sure it wasn't gonna get them. Funny chickens. And grapes cut in half they fight over those. And cantalope, corn on the cob, and grass. I think they like bugs the best though.

Chopped grapes with plain yogurt and they stomp over each other to get at it! I use the same dish for that treat and when they see that dish they go bonkers.

csguinn - When I first bought them yogurt I got some organic greek plain yogurt, I forget the name of the brand, but when I ran out I just bought store brand plain non-fat yogurt, they didn't seem to notice!

My girls love popcorn and grapes. We had plenty of corn this summer and they were all crazy. They need to be let out by 7:30 am each morning or they let you know it.

Do they really lay by a certain time?? I figure mine are laying SOMEWHERE! Be jiggered if I can find 'em....

If I knew I needed to wait until a certain time I sure would.

But, three days a week they don't get out until mid-afternoon and I still see no eggs.....

Back
Top Bottom