My coop is being worked on!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    [​IMG] I have to share.. Well, It's been 5 months since we purchased ALL the materials for my coop. I had (actually) found the chickens I had wanted and paid for them...Thinking it would be done in a few weeks......WELL, I was WRONG. I called and canceled my chickens [​IMG] and told the owners to keep the money (It had been four months!) and with feed cost the way they are I felt it was only fair! Every time my dh took days off to work on it or my adult sons came home and it would storm--I mean rain like no tomorrow.. Then we all had some kind of terrible virus for a month....You get the picture???

Anyway, dh has been working really hard on the coop.. Today, we put the last pc. of siding and finished the roof... So, it's 'dried in'.. At least now if it's raining we can put the roosts, nest box and hooks for the feeders in... etc

There is still much to do before I can get my hens but it is being worked on and I am sooo happy... I knew you all would understand....Thanks for letting me share..Dixie

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like you're ready! [​IMG] Good luck with your adventure and keep us posted.... [​IMG]

3. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    I know you're excited! What kind of chickens are you going to get? Post pics of your coop when you can, it's always fun to see what other folks are doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by