My Coop is done here is a pic of my auto cup waterer!!!

I like the setup. Where did you get the cups? I would suggest checking the level/balance on the leaking cup. If it is even slightly lower than the others the pressure will try to find the lowest point to escape from. Try either raising the lip some or making the cup higher off the ground. Also, make sure the bucket is perfectly balanced.

Last edited:
I like the set up but like Wyododge they would freeze here too.

Wyo mentions splashing from the nipples but I use them and hadn't noticed any splashing. What I do like about the nipples is they don't back wash into the bucket. Seems to me that would be a problem with cups. Wouldn't it?

Though I do wonder if they're getting enough to drink with the nipples.

Last edited:
I am also planning a new watering system for my new coop I like the cup idea They would work great Is that yellow thing in the middle of the cup a float ? And how big are these things ?

How do you keep that system clean? I have our waterer suspended from the ceiling in our coop high enough they can barely reach it and they still get the water dirty, neccesatating it being changed everday, grr. I'd love to have an automatic system like this but with ours getting dirty everyday it would negate the advantages of being automatic.

Just a thought......the gravity might be too much on the cups coming from above.......unless you can reduce the pressure with some sort of valve....

Back
Top Bottom