My Coop is in the works!!!!

chickie_momma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Man- I didnt realize how much work it would be to make it!!! Lol...I thought foolishly we would have it done in one day...wrong!!!!

We decided to make the coop about 5'x5' but we placed it on a hillside inour yard. That required a bit more work- But I figured when it rained it would help keep the water from settling in the pen area.

All we have left to do it frame the walls and put on the roof.
Sounds like alot but It should go by quickly.

I told my husband to make the coop sturdy enough to hold some weight- well I should never have left him alone for an hour while he was framing the floor. By the time I came back there were so many metal supports in place I could hardly see the 2x4's. Sturdy it is. My 300lb neighbor and my 170 lb husband were in the coop moving around and that thing did not even tremble!!!

i will post some pics later tonight when I get home...I cant wait to move my babies in!!!!

Can't wait to see some pics.
jumpy.gif

Oh I hear ya...Eggtopia is STILL in the works. It seems like it takes forever.

I make the mistake of telling the menfolk here ( two retired green berets and one former marine) make it sturdy and make it SAFE! Well...let's just say that the foxes around here better have a degree in lock picking, wood screw removal and booby trap avoidance!
gig.gif

Enjoy it and post pics in the coop forum..cannot wait to see em.

Back
Top Bottom